It's a desktop (a documentation writer's worst nightmare)
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor
3x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
Ethernet must be connected to the topmost Ethernet port
Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS
Snowy was a purchase order as part of Arya Kumar's 2019 Senior Research project. He went through a bunch of different names as the case kept getting delayed in the mail, eventually arriving 3 months late.
Snowy is currently sitting in the HPC rack on top of the HPC nodes. Its ethernet cable comes from the Sun Rack and power is a mess.
- Snowy was supposed to have 4x NVIDIA RTX 2080, but there wasn't enough room in the case; the fans on the bottom take up too much space.
- After completing the build, someone posted a picture of it to https://old.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace. It quickly amassed 12.3k upvotes.
- The middle RTX 2080 gets too hot sometimes and thermal throttles. Even with the blower style cards.
- Nearly everything in the case has RGB LEDs on it, except for the CPU.
- The Cluster lead wanted the Ethernet port information to be put here.